The School Day
Start of the day
Our school gates are open between 8:40am and 9:50am.
Early Years parents bring their children to their classroom doors, and Key Stage One pupils enter through the gate.
Senior Leaders, our Early Help officer or class teachers will always be available outside should you need them.
Our school day starts officially at 8:50am and any children who arrive after 9:00am will be marked as late.
After the register closes at 9:05am, children who arrive will be marked as having had an unauthorised absence.
Generally, children learn about Core Subjects in the morning, this includes the following:
All Key Stage 1 classes have a 15-minute break in the morning.
All children have access to a snack of fruit or vegetables. Children are allowed to bring a healthy snack for break times. These may include fruit, vegetables, rice cakes or breadsticks.
Crisps, chocolate, biscuits and popcorn are not permitted.
Our Key Stage One daily assembly takes place in the morning, usually at 9:10 am, following the timetable below.
- Monday - Chaucer Champion Assembly: We invite families to celebrate key learners from the previous week
- Tuesday - Story Assembly: We enjoy a story from our Author of the Term together
- Wednesday- Heads Assembly: Sharing learning from a key theme or event of the week, such as religious festivals or world events.
- Thursday - Singing Assembly
- Friday - Class or Year Group Assembly: following a theme from our PSHE curriculum
Early Years children share an assembly together on a Friday afternoon, where they share stories, songs and rhymes together.
In the Spring term, Reception classes join the Key Stage One children for Chaucer Champion assembly on a Monday.
Lunch is staggered at Chaucer Infant and Nursery School:
- Nursery and Reception have their dinner between 11:40am and 12:20pm
- Year 1 and Year 2 have their dinner between 12:00pm and 1:00pm.
Lunchtime resources and games are provided and supervised by our dinner staff.
After lunch, children learn about the foundation subjects such as History, Art & Design, PE and Computing.
For a full list and further information about our curriculum please use the following link:
End of the day
The school day ends at 3:15pm.
The gates open at 3:10pm for parents to go to their child's classroom ready for collection.
Staff are always available at the end of the day and any children who have not been collected will be taken to the school office to wait.
We are open for 32.5 hours per week.